TAG (Talented and Gifted) Teacher & K-12 Librarian
I am the TAG (Talented and Gifted) teacher and K-12 Librarian at Lamoni Community Schools.
I have worked for Lamoni Schools as a K-12 librarian for 27 years. Through the years, I have taught multimedia classes at the high school level, reading at many levels and library skills classes for elementary students. I work cooperatively with teachers in all grades to provide resources to supplement the classroom curriculum, and in some cases work side by side with teachers presenting that material.
In 2015 I completed my TAG endorsement. I work with identified TAG students in grades 3-12 to provide differentiate instruction and opportunities to enhance learning.
Philosophy of Teaching
1. I seek to provide an environment in which I am able to reflect a sense of excitement about learning thereby recreating that sense of excitement in the minds of all my students.
2. I seek to make myself available to students outside of class. I treat all students as individuals, recognizing that each has unique strengths and needs. I seek to be fair in my grading and personal interactions.
1. To provide an environment in which I am able to reflect a sense of excitement about libraries, reading, information technology and all subject areas relevant to TAG students.
2. To stay abreast of the quickly advancing field of technology through current literature, workshops, classes, and other opportunities to remain current in my fields.
3. To share my knowledge, by assisting my peers with both their curriculum needs and the integration of technology into their classrooms.
|Phone: 641-784-3351 Ext.||Email: email@example.com||Lamoni Community Schools
202 North Walnut Lamoni Iowa 50140